Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Dink muk!"


I admit it ... I let my child drink the milk from her cereal bowl! And it's part of our little morning ritual now. Since school has started, and I'm the only one getting us out the door in the mornings, cereal is the breakfast of choice at our house (my kids will actually turn down other yummy breakfast foods because they're so addicted to cereal!). For a couple of months now, Julia will eat most of the cereal from her bowl, then say, "dink muk?" and proceed to drink the milk from her bowl.

Some other amusing things she does/says right now:
- she refers to lips as "ips" and loves to put lipstick/chapstick on herself or me; she also notices anyone wearing lipstick and will point and say "ips!"
- in the last week or so she's started saying, "miss ya mommy" when I'm not around or when she knows I'm leaving.
- sometimes when we're outside on the swingset I'll sit on a swing and she'll push me; she stands in front of me and puts one hand on her hip and pushes me with the other hand ... every time!
- this girl is still obsessed with brushing and fixing my hair! I think beauty school might be in her future. :) It's actually pretty relaxing for me though and she always comes around to look at me from the front to check out her masterpiece and will say, "Pretty? Okay."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Abbey is my personal hairstylist too though I usually come out looking like Don King!

Enjoyed dinner...see you soon...