Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Expanding her vocabulary

So, we always thought that since Sarah loves to talk Julia might be a little more introverted, quiet or shy. But whoa were we wrong! Since Sarah started kindergarten in the fall, and Julia has had more one-on-one time with me, she talks all - of - the - time!!! She's really started putting more complete sentences together that sound very grown-up. Today we had a conversation that went something like this:

Julia: Mom, can I ask you a favor?

Me: Um, okay, what?

Julia: Can you pick up my crocs for me and put them away?

Me: (jaw dropped) Sweetheart, Mommy does favors for you all day long. You can pick your shoes up by yourself.

And, last Friday at MOPS, one of the adult helpers in Julia's Moppets room told me that Julia had told her that I got frustrated that morning because she didn't want to wear a ponytail. Geez! Talk about accountability! For the record, I think I maybe rolled my eyes and let out a sigh as she exerted her independence that morning over her hairstyle.

No comments: