Saturday, September 6, 2008

A yard-mowin' kind of gal

Mowing the yard has never been one of my chores or responsibilities. I'm not too prissy for it, I've just always been fortunate enough to have men in my life (dad, brother, husband) that took care of that job. Well, guess who has already mowed the yard twice since her husband deployed? And I've actually kind of enjoyed it (shhhh, don't tell Carlton that!) I haven't braved the edger yet though - that thing scares me. I'll post a picture if/when I attempt that.

2 comments:

dfhardwick said...

You go girl! The boys keep us from mowing because it is so much fun and because they don't want us to know how fun it is. They like to act like it is real hard so we don't take it away from them and they have to watch the kiddos. :)

Mary Anna said...

Paul has volunteered to do it whenever you need! I suggested that our couples group comes up with a rotating schedule to send poor hubbies over to tackle your honey-do's.

After all, it takes a village.