Sunday, August 31, 2008

A 90th birthday celebration

This weekend I had the privilege of joining Carlton's family to celebrate his grandmother's 90th birthday in Victoria. What a milestone! Nana, as she's affectionately referred to, looked great as always (hair and make-up fixed and painted fingernails) and was in good spirits. She's an amazing lady, with an amazing family, and I was honored to be a part of her special day. Here are some pictures from the party, as well as one of Julia and her cousin Maggie just goofing around.


Julia bonded with her uncle Ed this weekend. It was pretty evident that she viewed him as the closest thing to her daddy that she'd seen in a while. This picture is from the party, but later in the day while Ed was trying to relax and watch football and nap, he had a 2 year old crawling all over him. Thanks Uncle Ed!

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

How special! I lost one grandmother in fourth grade and the other in high school, and I'm always jealous when I hear these stories. One of Paul's grandmothers passed away not too long after we started dating, and I never knew her. I was fortunate enough to meet his other grandmother ... and attend her birthday party one year on Long Island. It's so special to span the generations!